21 January 2009

Awards...not mine


I haven't been to Reassigned Time for a while so I don't really know what this is all about, but it looks interesting and like something to do for the million hours before I actually teach today.

Reading though the last few days would probably help me out, but I'm too lazy for that. Since I took the blogs I read away from the sidebar, it will give me a good chance to share a few of them again. Here are the rules for this thing...

One thing I'd like to make clear, this is the logo of an award. It's not my award. I am not trying to take anyone's award.
  • Please put the logo of the award (above) on your blog if you can make it work with your format.
  • Link to the person from whom you received the award.
  • Nominate 7 or more blogs.
  • Put the links of those blogs on your blog.
  • Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.
Reassigned Time - Don't worry, this won't count toward my 7. I read Dr. Crazy because she is often the person who says what I am thinking. She's is one of the inspirations for this blog...especially, when it was more academic. Most of my decent professional post ideas come from her. I think the inspiration award is really hers and she deserves.

1. Redneck Mommy - Tannis' writing makes me laugh, cry, and fume. I'm even considering a move to Edmonton just to be close to her.

2. Redshirt Knitting - I know Erika and we have some mutual friends. Being new to knitting, it's fun to watch someone start...and, actually finish projects. Erika inspired me to face my yarn stash and start working through it. I don't have the guts to add up all the yardage, but at least I've started some projects to use it up.

3. I Still Hate Pickles - I know Kirsten too. She, and her writing, deserve a little more attention. But I really just keep going back for the cute Sawyer and Tex photos.

4. Dr. Heidi - She keeps me thinking about my own teaching and also keeps me informed on all things in the Whedonverse.

5. The Wind in your Vagina - Black Hockey Jesus rocks my world. In his posts he somehow manages to put all the crap that I read to everday use. Be prepared to wish you could write like this.

6. Shakesville - No list like this would be complete if I didn't include the gang and their teasoppons. Shakesville is one of the first blogs I started and reading and the only one that still shows up on my reader. Melissa McEwan keeps this space up and running. She and all of her contributors work hard to make sure that we all remember that there is still a feminist movement and it needs our attention.

7. You - If you have a blog you'd like me, and hopefully a few other people, to look at let me know.

I guess I need to go leave some comments.
blog comments powered by Disqus