22 January 2009

It's time.

Time to resume the inappropriate humor. As you may, or may not, know one of the signs of a stroke is lack of muscle control on one side of the body...this includes the face.

What you really may not know is that I have a sleepy right eye. It's really hardly noticeable unless I'm tired. The more tired I am, the more that eye droops. Once you figure it out, I really can't lie about my state of being. Jokingly, I used to call it my "stroke" face. Really. Do you see the irony?

The DH told me that one of things I said in response to being told about my stroke was, "I guess I can't joke about my face anymore." Or, something like that. You know, it's really weird to be told things you've said, but don't remember. Normally, I can at least remember the situation, the people involved or something like that, but when other people tell me things I said in the hospital, I have no idea what they are talking about. It's odd...to say the least.

The DH says he knew it was bad when I asked him to get me a People magazine. I typically don't read People.

Fortunately, my face was fine after the stroke. Since, I am super tired today, my sleepy eye is in rare form. I declare "stroke" face back in session.

I know from South Park it's not supposed to be funny for 20 years, but I am not that patient. Plus, it's my face and my stroke. I think that clears me for decision making.
blog comments powered by Disqus