01 January 2009

The first day...

Okay, so I cannot let it stand. I have to post something with at least a little content. Although, there has been precious little in the way of content around here. What the heck, it's the holidays.

Today, started with a trip to the coffeeshop. The mom & pop place up the road is closed until tomorrow, so do you know how far I had to go for coffee? A long way. The good part about the long trip to the coffeeshop is that I got to use a gift card for Christmas and it puts me right next to the bougie grocery store. As a result we're having good steaks for dinner tonight. We also went to the new bookstore in that area. It was okay.

It's been hard today. One of the things I've noticed since October is that I am more weepy. (I hate that.) If you add to that a time meant for reflection and it's a recipe for a girl just barely holding on to her cookies all day. I know it's natural to be all weepy about almost dying and stuff. But, I'm all weepy about seemingly unrelated and stupid things. I don't mind a good cry. I just want to make sure I don't have to do it in public. Most people consider tears a weakness. I just want to be able to suck it up again.

Monday, I have to do the big psychological testing day. I've been nervous about that for about a week now. I think it boils down to basic test anxiety, but we'll see.
blog comments powered by Disqus