04 January 2009

Ha!

I know you thought I might shut up for just one day, but you were wrong.

I probably would have shut up, but the DH is making me sit on the couch and watch football with him. Football. Although I used to twirl flags during halftime, I have no idea about football.

Today, in an attempt to cheer myself up, I tried to think of a list of all the things I am able to do now.
  1. pee by myself.
  2. Heck, after all that the CP has been through, I should just be happy to pee at all.
  3. Be alone. The twenty-four hour watch was it's own kind of hell.
  4. Go up and down the stairs one foot over another. (You try it one step at a time.)I'm also allowed to do so without calling the DH when I switched levels.
  5. DRIVE BY MYSELF. I've been to two, count them two, different stores all by myself. The first time I had to go to the grocery store for some sugar. Sugar. It was all I needed. I walked up and down every aisle of that store drunk with the knowledge that no one was waiting for me. Today, I braved the manic conditions of W----- to go to the yarn store. I know, I know, yarn is the last thing I need; however, the CP had a pretty clear request for her impending birthday and I actually didn't have the appropriate yarn.
The trick to driving by myself is telling the DH while he is asleep and promising to call when I get there. I know it's tricksy, but I have to do it. Sometimes a girl just needs to be alone.

Tomorrow is the big day of psychological testing. I am nervous about it. Don't worry, I'm sure you will hear all about it.
blog comments powered by Disqus