29 January 2009

stuck in the middle

A few weeks ago I received a letter from the hospital. It asked me to contact my insurance company because it had not responded to the hospital's claim. I didn't get around to it right away and two days later I received a card in the mail from the insurance company saying that they knew there was a claim and not to contact them. So, I left all alone.

Then, yesterday, I received another letter from the hospital asking me to contact my insurance company. So, I called the number on the letter to tell them the insurance company told me not to contact them. I talk to an exceptionally rude woman who treated me like I told the insurance company not to pay. She said, "Well, it's been since October and they haven't paid."
As politely as I could I got off the phone, but now I'm really pissed. The hospital has an entire office of people whose JOB is to deal with insurance companies. It's not my job! Seriously, people. What if I had died would they hound the DH like this?
blog comments powered by Disqus