19 December 2008

I didn't do any school work yesterday, so I don't have any interesting posts...just personal stuff.

This boy I went to high school with called me the other day. He happens to know "my first real boyfriend," whom I have not been in contact with since just before I got married. Then, the day before yesterday, the boy from high school sent me an email with MFRB's myspace and facebook pages. Normally, I'm up for getting in touch with anyone. In fact I'm still really good friends with the boyfriend I had before the DH. MFRB is a little different though. I think we would both tell you we'd still be friendly, but I secretly take joy in the things that go wrong in his life. This is pretty weird, because I like to think of myself as better than that. You know, as someone who thinks only the best of, and for, others. So, when TBFHS sent me the info on MFRB I was confronted with some not very nice aspects of my psyche. I am not quite sure of it all yet, but mostly I've concluded that we cannot all be good all the time. I just have to remember that if MFRB had not been around then I probably would not have ended up where I am today. Where I am today is much better than where I could have been.

How is that for rambling?

The Holiday party season started for me last night. Well, technically, last night was a graduation party. It was fun. I got to see many people who have moved away and many people I just do not see that often. There were a couple of friends who couldn't make it. I really wished Dr. Heidi could have been there, but I got to see Liz, which is kind of like seeing Heidi since they were almost always together.

Tonight I get to go to a friend's "Life Day" party. She celebrates having a life saving operation. Perhaps next year, I'll have to have one in October. It would be conveniently only a month after my birthday. I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure I want to commemorate that weekend. I think it will be up to the DH and the CP, because they are the ones who really had to deal with it.
blog comments powered by Disqus