08 December 2008

The Year...

It seemed like a good time for an end of the year review. Things are getting pretty morose around here and maybe it would liven them up. Ha. This year has been (the most horrible of adjectives, which I use all the time) INTERESTING, to say the least. While I have to admit there has been a change in tone and content of my posts this fall, I don't think there's been a big difference in my writing.

You may have noticed, I'm trying to keep up the writing everyday. I'm hoping that if I do eventually, the writing everyday will happen with the dissertation. Of course to start that I'd have to actually write on it one day. Ha. This week I have to write a job letter for my application for a 5th year TA position. A friend, who's done it, said it was not a big deal, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Although I can usually write a really good job letter, I hate talking about myself. I wish they would just go straight to the interview phase. That I can unequivocally tell you I am great at. It's just even hard to write that kind of a letter when you are depressed. Grr. Arrgh.

I talk to a friend from high school who has also had a stroke. He said the depression is normal. We really didn't talk much in high school, but this person has been absolutely great to me in the last couple of months. I've asked some pretty personal questions, which he hasnt' hesitated to answer. He's been really great. The DH is super concerned and wants me to medicate. I have some serious issues about depression medication. Once I figure out who I've told about this site, I'll tell you all about it. I told him if things didn't get better once I was back to work I would think about it.

I'm caught up with the Charlaine Harris novels. Well, caught up until the last one that's still in hard back. It's like the Twilight series. I like them enough to pay for paperback, but not enoguh for hard cover. Anyway I picked up some Laurel K. Hamilton to start with today. I keep hearing that her Anita Blake series is really good, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I guess this isn't much of a year in review. To sum up there is life pre-stroke and post-stroke and while I'm greatful for everything post-stroke, there are some difficulties. I have friends who've decided not to post if they can't be positive; but I am trying to write through this, so you'll have to bear with me.
blog comments powered by Disqus