12 December 2008

Fatigue

As you can see other places, I have at least gotten my will to crochet back. I've been busy starting all sorts of projects. I may not finish them, but it at least looks like I'm using up my yarn stash.

I re-read Dr. Wiederhold's article on "representational fatigue." I think her work will actually be useful for me during my dissertation. Although she only describes this fatigue in terms of argument, I think it is also there in the patient/visitor encounter as well. It can even explain my anger at the recent email. I am fatigued by the way certain people insist on positioning me as mute. They may think that I am incapable. Or, they may simply think they know what is 'best for me.' Whatever the situation, my ability to reply without seeming to fulfill their expectations of me is compromised.
blog comments powered by Disqus