16 December 2008

Beginning the Journy to the WC.

Yesterday I got to have lunch with one of my favorite people. We didn't talk much about working together, but we gossiped. I did get a Writing Center theory book from her. Last night I read an article. "Theorizing the Writing Center: An Uneasy Task" by Peter Carino. His pointing out that writing center theory and comp theory were intricately linked wasn't anything new. I was disappointed by how he glossed over the Writing Center's position with the university. It seemed to be his assumption that the WC was almost always linked directly to either the English or the Composition department. That may have been true, but I think theses days more and more WCs stand on their own. However, I do agree that all theory should contextualized for the position of each center. The unfortunate thing about following through on that is then the WC lacks serious clout within the University.

I am definitely excited about getting to intern in this class. There is so much more for me to learn about it all.
blog comments powered by Disqus