18 December 2008

Cookies


The cookies from yesterday turned out better than I thought, so now I'm in a baking mood again. Plus, I discovered that in the time it takes for the dough to chill I can just about make that thing up there. He is supposed to be a frog, but I've been using up my scrap yarn and making him all sorts of colors. The DH says I should put them in every tin of cookies, because they will be crafts made by a "special" person -- me. He has a lot of fun teasing me, but he gets kind of mad when others do it. It's kind of sweet. After yesterday's experiment I may make more, but I've learned you have to put the eyes on before the arms and legs. The placement is all wrong on the first one. He looks kind of deformed. Maybe I'll make him one of those 5 legged frogs.

At the Lake House yesterday I started reading some Jonathan Culler. Unfortunately, I left all my notes and the book there, so I can't say anything about it. I've been easing into work--reading WC theory and this book, maybe soon I'll start reading stuff to help with the prospectus.

Well, the DH is back with my baking supplies. I suppose I should go get started.
blog comments powered by Disqus