26 February 2009

Who do you trust?

Almost 9 years ago a unique confluence of events put me in the DH's path. 5 months after a scintillating lunch which ended with us trying to list all the Outsider's cast members, a special event took place at the Little Chapel of Flowers.

What can I say, once upon a time the DH and I were crazy kids. By kids, I mean 26 years old.

Anyway with just Gisela, whom I am pretty sure was a transvestite, and the Reverend Alex talking about the precious metal in our under $10 wedding rings, the DH and I did our best not to giggle and went for tacos afterwards. Really. A friend of mine, who lived in Vegas, came to our wedding. She offered to take us out afterward. We ended up in this dive bar with a taco special...of course at the end of the night she realized she didn't have her wallet and she was late so we had to take a cab back to the hotel. I thought the DH would kill me.

We spent a week in Vegas with enough money to pay the $50.00 suggested minister donation and for the taxi ride from the Excalibur. Yeah, we're classy. Remind sometime to tell you about how my mom calls me "Champagne." Hostess cupcakes served as our wedding cake and only my Dad asked if I was knocked up. Everyone else was pretty taken aback. My mother said...and I quote..."I NEVER thought YOU'D get married." Thanks Mom.

For only knowing each other 5 months before (one of which I spent in Wa), we've done okay staying together this long. The deal has always been that we get to go to Haiti to get divorced. I've just been waiting until I'm old enough to cougar the cabana boys. The thought has gotten me through some pretty rough times.

Cheers.

The title of this post is from the classic movie Deep Blue Sea. If you don't count watching Orgasmo at my friend Katelyn's house than Deep Blue Sea was the first movie the DH and I watched together. All I knew was that it was a shark movie, which meant I wanted to see it. We kept rewinding the scene where Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten and laughing until we couldn't stand it. Even now, whenever it comes on, we have to watch until that scene. Tonight, in addition to a Battlestar Galactica marathon. Deep Blue Sea was on. Fitting. Some people may love Casablanca or Sleepless in Seattle, but in my mind there is nothing more romantic than L.L. Cool J saying, "You ate my bird." as he tosses a lighter.
blog comments powered by Disqus