09 February 2009

Wading vs. Jumping

For the most part I spent the last three months anxiously awaiting the new semester. There was that brief "between the holiday" period, but we don't talk about it anymore.

Anyway, although when I think about my progress I'm amazed, I still say I was ready to go back when I left the hosptial. I couldn't do everything and it would have been rough, but I was ready to teach. I'm still ready to teach. However, this process has been more like jumping in that wading. Sure, I'm only teaching one course this semester, but I"m also interning in a course and trying to write an article and a dissertation.

Instead of just being on campus MWF. I am on campus every day. There is always an appointment or meeting or some other such nonsense and that wears me out. My class turned in essays on Friday. Essays I should have graded this weekend, but I didn't. I didn't do anything this weekend because I needed to just sit.

I know I'll get used to the schedule again, but until then. I am officially tired of being tired.
blog comments powered by Disqus