18 February 2009

Not Where I Should Be...

Generally I do what is required of me, but today I just can't. There are too many factors at play and I just don't feel like it. It's liberating to learn it's okay not to feel like it. Don't get me wrong, if this were a life or death situation I would absolutely be there, but it's not so I'm not.

In today's New York Times there is an article about grade expectations. It's an interesting piece. It's not cutting edge journalism or anything like that, but it's nice to see the issue get some attention.

Every semester I mean to give a speech about what it takes to get an A in my class in order to underscore to the students that it probably takes more than just showing up, but I always forget. Today, I think I'll bring in that article and talk to them about what it means to get an. Maybe, I'll make them write about it. Ooooh yeah, I'm evil.
blog comments powered by Disqus