27 February 2009

Conferences

All this week I've had conferences with students. Next week they have a project to present. Although the assignment and it's due dates have been in the schedule since the beginning of class, we didn't go over them until last week. Since we're in a kind of time cruch, I decided not to require them to bring a draft of the project to the conference. Now, about the conferences.

I know you should not assume students know ANYTHING...even their own names, but I kind of thought pencil and paper was self explanatory. Or, that maybe when your teacher tells you how to do an assignment you might listen. Nope. Not at all. One girl got out a notebook to look at her outine, because I cannot make her understand this project requires her to read an essay, not give a speech.

All in all they are a pretty good class, but "oh the dum-dum-ativity."
blog comments powered by Disqus