23 February 2009

The Letters...

So far, there's been no word from the White House or my Senator. I'd at least like a form letter reply from someone.

My secret dream is that someone at the WH will read my letter, want to hear more, approve of my idea, AND ask me to run the program. Of course that is like winning the lottery, but hey, I dream big. I learned it from Penelope Cruz. (Sorry for the uncalled for snark. It's early.)

Really, all my hope is placed in the Oprah book. So far I have 16 pages, which is a hell of alot more pages than anything else, it's different than it looked before, I decided on a different structure. More and more people are writing books and I figure that if they can do it, so can I. Actually, I think selling the book as a cheap pdf is a great idea. It cuts out the middle man.

Last night, I twittered for the first time. I'm Somedayphd over there as well, if you want to find me. I live-blogged the Oscars with a friend from the West Coast. I was doing alright until they played all the music. After that, I nearly fell asleep. Honestly, I had no business watching. I haven't see ANY of the films. I had no business commenting because I am not very funny. Although I love Kate Winslet and I think she's finally replace Angela Bassett on my dream list, I'm really sad Melissa Leo didn't win.

Melissa Leo has been stunning since that television show about pony express riders. I can't think of the name, but Advice Monkey knows the one. She may not tell you, though, because it would mean admitting to her one time love of Stephen Baldwin. Anyway she is a versatile and talented actress whom no one seems to really notice. Nobody talked much about her performance, but 28 grams would not have been the same without her. Last night, I was doubly sad for her. She didn't win AND she had the most awful hair. Really. It looked like something an 80 year old woman in 1967 would have done to her hair once a week. It's actually triplely sad because her hair is FABULOUS.

Okay, enough about the hair. It doesn't take away fromt the fact that Melissa Leo deserves a damn Oscar already...especially if you've already given Kate Winslet the Golden Globe. Shake it up a little bit people.
blog comments powered by Disqus