04 March 2009

Off my chest...

...and the top of my head. Today, I gave a guest lecture in my friend Mags' class. It is an intro to narrative class and right now they are reading/discussing "My Stroke of Insight." As the resident stroke expert, I agreed to talk to her class.

When I agreed to this, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. I talk in front of classes all the time. I've been various shades of nervous for the last week. I was nervous for so long because of the snow delay. I was supposed to talk to them all on Monday.

Anyway, I got through it. I didn't even cry. Well, almost, but no a tear was shed and I don't think anyone noticed. Mags has been frustrated by this class, but they asked some really good questions. Maybe I should start charging speaking fees.
blog comments powered by Disqus