03 March 2009

Bloggerific

This post has been rattling about my brain for a couple of days now, but usually I’m not at the computer when I think about it.

While I’m pretty sure I don’t use it to its full capacity (a feeling I have about all things technical) it’s probably a good thing because the google reader has made me a lazy blog reader. Yup, it’s true. When I signed up I figured I’d just put the folks I made sure to check every day (or, you know, multiple times a day). I thought I’d still check in on everyone else and who really wants LOLcats clogging up their reader. The problem is I don’t really check up on anyone else. In the morning I sit down with my coffee, pretend to write for a bit, and then open the google reader. I check in on everyone and then I’m done. The time that I used to waste clicking through my favorites is gone, because about half the list is no longer included in my daily routine. I barely remember to check my lj anymore, let alone to post there.

Why not just add blogs to my reader?

Well, because I do like the current configuration. I’m still reading the most important blogs, just not so many. And, honestly, I should be doing more productive things with my time.

blog comments powered by Disqus