25 March 2009

Great ideas and good intentions...

Today there was a meeting, a meeting I fully intended to be at and then was entirely glad that I missed. (I showed up, grabbed food, and went back to my desk.) I thought the meeting was to discuss a Cs (college composition and communication conference) panel for next year. Instead, it was a how to write a proposal session. Sure, there are people who need that, but not me. I'm not saying that every proposal I write gets accepted, but I've been down the road a few times and it is all b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

Initially I didn't intend to submit this year, I've got this little thing called a dissertation to write. But, since the stupid conference isn't until next March, I guess I've got time. The theme for next year is "The Remix: Revisit, Rethink, Revise, Renew." I'm thinking I'll submit a paper about the remix currently happening in our department.

My original idea was a panel Dr. Belle, me, Dr. Lead, and a first year grad student - someone who doesn't know the halcyon days of old. If, and I mean IF, everyone could put aside their egos and not make it a blame game, then I think it would be a great panel. As it is, I'm not going to put myself in the precarious position of suggesting, writing, and presenting such a thing. I'm just going to write my own paper proposal and leave it at that.
blog comments powered by Disqus