03 November 2008

puppies

Since I've been home from the hospital I've been hounding the DH for a new puppy. The DH has rightfully took the stand that we cannot spend other people's money on a puppy. He told his shrink about it today. The shrink said I was looking for a way to deflect attention from myself. Why the DH has a shrink and I don't is a story for another time. I think I getting all out talking with the Cajun Princess and blogging here and elsewhere.

I didn't ever think of it that way, but it's true. In so many ways the fact that I've had a stroke has been a big deal for everyone else. I literally just woke up in the hospital, everyone else had to worry. Although, I don't doubt my diagnosis, it's like something that didn't happen to me. As I have said all along mentally, I feel the same as ever. It's only physically, that I know something is different. I'm weaker and I really don't have the same stamina. So, while I appreciate everything that everyone has done and is doing, it feels really unnecessary. If there is a new puppy in the room maybe everyone will pay attention to it, instead of asking how I am and treating me like a porcelain doll. I'm just me. I'm supposed to be the one that takes care of everyone else, so it's really difficult to let others do things for me.

So, while I am over-joyed to be able to pee by myself. I do want something to take the attention off of me.
blog comments powered by Disqus