16 November 2008

Yesterday, I took off my wedding rings while I kneaded dough. I forgot to put them back on when I went out. As I sat eating my hummus and sweet potato chips I had a lovely conversation with a 50 year old man at the end of the bar. The problem was that he followed me across the street to Fishbones. Actually, I think it was just a coincidence, but I was grateful that Mr. LA could come over and save me.

We had a lovely evening drinking beer and talking about our long-lost friends in MN. The only problem was that those friends couldn't be there....oh, and I'm pretty sure my Greensboro friend hasn't hooked up with my MN friend's yet. I think I need to be there to facilitate. The good news is that maybe I will be soon. I applied for a couple of Executive Assistant jobs up that way. We'll see what happens. On the one hand, I'd really like to stay here another year. On the other, I'd really like to be closer to some family. Most importantly, I'd really like to go somewhere I could be something other than "the girl who was in the hospital." As much as I appreciate it all, I feel too much like a charity case here, which, as you might have guessed, really doesn't go with my personality.

This writing everyday business is hard...is the month over yet. Maybe I should be writing something different. Like my prospectus. It's all in my head, I swear. Can't I just turn in my head and then jump to the defense?
blog comments powered by Disqus