05 November 2008

Representational Fatigue/defense

I've been thinking a lot about Dr. Snarky's article lately. I'd planned something long about it before the stroke, but I don't remember what it was. Maybe in was just that she thanked me in the comment. I think she let out an important aspect of representational fatigue (maybe she'll talk about this later somewhere else.) She left out the younger generation of Feminists. Me. & People like Melissa over at Shakesville. We have our teaspoons out. Not my sister's generation. I have a feeling based on my "Representaitonal Fatigute" folder in the favorites it was somehting about that. I'll have to go back and look. Something about the end of waves. I hate the wave metaphor more that anything else right now.

On a different subject. In defense of the personal narrative. It just really depend on what you ask of students. I've had great success with the personal narrative, but only when I've made the assignment really relate to what we're doing and not let on what we were doing.
blog comments powered by Disqus