03 November 2008

hospitalitly in the Hospital...

People keep suggesting that I write my dissertation about being in the hospital. Sure there is probably something there, but not really for me. It's a little too close and I'm afraid that by the time it's not I will not be able to remember much. It already seem pretty distant.

But there is something to thinking about how you attempt to provide hospitality in a place that is not yours, one you cannot leave. A place that is more like a prison than somewhere to invite someone. A place where you either know, or find out later, how much people do not want to be there. How do you provide hospitality when you are stuck to a bed, a chair, a floor?

What kind of hospitality do you incur when you go visit other people? Does it matter if you have something/this in common?

You can see there are a lot of questions about it all.
blog comments powered by Disqus