15 November 2008

Normalcy

The people's pharmacy this morning is interesting. It's about a man who's had cancer, was cured by a bone marrow transplant, and has written three books about it.

Their main point is that everyone should have an advocate when dealing with medical appointments. I know the DH and I were really appreciative to have the Cajun Princes and Everybody's Mama around to talk to people and help out. As the guy on the radio said, if you want to trust an actor, even when you just go to an appointment it is helpful to have someone along. They help remember all the questions you wanted to ask, but forgot.

Lately, I've really been struggling with wanting to "get back to normal." Now, in rehab, there was much talk about this. No one can really expect everthing to get "back to normal." Now, normally that is because of some physical aspect of their injury. Of course, I can't do anything normally. Being blessed with an almost full recovery, I have to be more conscious of my own recovery and I am more conscious of how everyone else treats me. I think that a good part of my need to find a job somewhere else is that I want to go somewhere
blog comments powered by Disqus