01 March 2009

Sunday, rainy sunday...

It isn't snowing yet, so much for 4-6 inches, but it is icy. The poor willow tree in the back yard is covered in ice. I can hear the wind and the rain. All the animals are on their own today, no walks, no company in the yard. I am not stepping a foot outside of the house.

Tomorrow I have to go back to school for one week and then Spring Break! I wish it were next week, I am so unenthused about it all. On Friday, in a conference I almost told a student that she was absolutely correct. She has nothing to say. Don't worry, I was a good teacher. I'd never really say anything like that. Fortunately this week is full of presentations and I don't have to do much. Well, tomorrow, I'm giving a presentation of my own. One of my colleagues asked me to speak to her class. The class is reading My Stroke of Insight, so I'm going to tell them about my own stroke experience. I'm a little nervous about it all, but I said I would do it.

Anyway, since there is not much going on here today, I give you a meme. (I just assume these are "favorites." It didn't come with instructions.

A
- Available: for teaching
- Age: non-linear
- Annoyance: People
- Animal: (s) too many
- Actor: Huge Ackman
- Actress: Kate Winslet

B
- Beer: good
- Birthday: September 2nd
- Best Friend: Hamish & the CP
- Body Part on opposite sex: Wrists
- Best feeling in the world: Clean Sheets
- Best weather: Sitting on the deck weather
- Been on stage?: Not enough

C
- Car: Scarlette
- Candy: Chocolate & Nuts
- Cried in school: Not yet, working on keeping it that way
- Chocolate/Vanilla: Depends
- Chinese/Mexican: Vietnamese
- Cake or pie: Cake
- Country to visit: Czech Republic

D
- Day or Night: Night
- Dream vehicle: Vespa
- Dance: Not enough

E
- Eggs: Yes
- Eyes: Brown
- Everyone has: A bellybutton
- Ever failed a class?: Nope

F
First crush: Mark something or other....I was told. The first I remember Chris Tomzack
- Full name: Somedayphd
- First thoughts waking up: Damn Puppy

G
- Greatest Fear(s): Burning
- Goals: Who needs them?
- Gum: I don't like to chew gum much anymore.
- Get along with your parents?: Usually
- Good luck charm: Clearly I need one.

H
- Hair Color: Whatever the bottle says.
- Height: 5' 5"
- Happy:
- Holiday: Bastille Day
- How do you want to die: What a ridiculous question.

I
- Ice Cream: Yes
- Instrument: Flute

J
- Jewelry: I like it.
- Job: Teaching

K
- Kids:
- Kickboxing or karate: Neither
- Keep a journal?: Never good at it.

L
- Longest Car Ride: Western Wa to Homer Alaska
- Love: My family and friends and animals.
- Letter(s): ?
- Laughed so hard you cried: "The dog was loose and still is loose."
- Love at first sight: Sure.

M
- Movie: LA Confidential
- Mooned anyone?: No
- Marriage: Is all about the good story.
- Motion sickness? nope
- McD's or BK: McD's

N
- Number of Siblings: 2
- Number of Piercings: 3
- Number:

O
- Overused Phrases: Post - ????
- One phobia: Falling down stairs.

P
- Place you'd like to live: Central France
-Perfect Pizza: pineapple/ham
- Pepsi/Coke: Diet Coke/ Cherry Pepsi

Q
- Quail: Never tried it.

R
- Reason to cry: Many
- Reality T.V.: No
- Radio Station:
- Roll your tongue in a circle?: Since my grandpa taught me as a wee lass.

S
- Song: Girl in the War
- Salad: with Bleu Cheese
- Shrimp?: Why can't they clean it properly?
- Sport?: Hockey
- Skipped school: Occasionally
Slept outside: Not recently.
- Seen a dead body?: Yes.
- Shower Daily?: Mostly
- Sing well?- Define well
- Stuffed Animals?: They've all gone to the dogs.


T
- Time for bed: Ideally - 9. Realistically - 12-1.
- Thunderstorms: Love them.
- TV: Of course.
- Touch your tongue to your nose?: Nope.

U
- Unpredictable: I'd like to think so, but not really.

V
- Vegetable you hate: cooked carrots. But, I love them raw. Go figure.
- Vegetable you love: Fresh Peas
- Vacation spot: Vacation?

W
- Weakness: Chocolate
- When you grow up: I want to work somewhere else
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you?: don't know
- Who makes you laugh the most: Robert
- Worst feeling: Nausea
- Wanted to be a model: Nope.
- Worst weather: Chilly, rainy, and blustery.

X
-X-Ray: Just to prove I can swallow

Y
-Year now?: 2009
-Yellow: Can't wear it.

Z
- Zoo animal: Sharks
- Zodiac sign: Virgo

Last person who:
-Went to the movies with you: DH
- You went to the mall with: I try to avoid the mall, but I think it was CP
- Went to dinner with: DH
- Talked to on the phone: My Dad
- Made you laugh: Robert
blog comments powered by Disqus