02 March 2009

Proverbial bull...

It is a beautiful, snowy day here in Someday land. It beautiful because it doesn't happen here that often, which means whenever it does snow there is bound to be a day off. This semester has had it's share of late starts. Since I don't teach until 1:00pm, those do not normally affect me. Today, however, today they just cancelled the whole day. Woo Hoo! I got an extra, much needed day off.

Of course, I began badgering the DH to take me out. It's really not that bad on the main roads, but a lot of areas are without power. As we got ready to go out, I went into the back yard to play around. I stood under the deck umbrella to hit the snow and make it fall off. Unfortunately, doing that, caused an imbalance in the umbrella. The whole table began to tip over and when the umbrella stalk hit the glass of the table it shattered. Yup. Shattered. It's all over the deck. I tried to clean it up, but I think I have to wait for the snow to melt. This kind of thing only happens to me. I broke the deck table in the middle of winter.

I'm so sad. Now, we don't have a deck table. I guess we'll have to start trolling the ailses at Home Depot and Big Lots.
blog comments powered by Disqus