26 August 2008

Opening Night...

Well, I tried to switch classrooms for the 1pm class, but it doesn't look like it will happen. The only other classrooms available are actually bigger and don't have chairs that move. So, I guess I'll have to add blocking to my course prep. You might think that I'd just stand on the floor infront of the class, but then it's impossible to see everyone. Oh well.

Dissertation Tuesday didn't go too well today. I went back to yoga class, ran some errands, and did some course planning for tomorrow. There are still a few hours in the day, but I'm pretty wiped out. Once I get used to the sweaty yoga, I love it, but it takes a couple of times for my body to get used to it.

So, until then a meme as seen at Dr. Crazy's

1. My uncle once took me for a ride in his semi. For years I was convinced he was really Jerry Reed in Smoky and the Bandit.

2. Never in my life would I have thought I'd end up where I am...but, I think that is a good thing.

3. When I was five Fonzie was my imaginary friend.

4. High school was mostly fun. I had a great group of friends.

5. I will never forget the summer moon over Sadie Peak. (It's a sun in the picture, but I think you get the idea.)

6. Once I met Fran Tarkenton. I only knew who he was from That's Incredible.

7. There’s this boy I know who can almost always make me smile.

8. Once, at a bar, watched my 60-something year old aunt drink a blow job.

9. By noon, I'm ready for a nap.

10. Last night I watched Ted Kennedy's speech.

11. If only I had the power to make sure everyone I care about has whatever they need.

12. Next time I go to church will probably be Christmas, because the in-laws like to do that.

13. What worries me most is whether I'll ever find a good job in this profession.

14. When I turn my head left I see the dog sleeping on my couch.

15. When I turn my head right I see a messy, messy desk that needs organizing.

16. You know I’m lying when I say I love Dickens.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is Andrew McCarthy.

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing.

19. By this time next year I will be one draft away from completing my dissertation. (knock on some wood for me!)

20. A better name for me would be ... I don't know. Any votes?

21. I have a hard time understanding the DH's inability to shut things off when he leaves a room.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll give you permission to have me committed.

23. You know I like you if I let you hang out on the porch.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be the DH, my Mom, my Dad, and the Cajun Princess.

25. Take my advice, never drive through North Dakota.

26. My ideal breakfast is ... Eggs over-easy, crispy hashbrowns, and bacon.

27. A song I love but do not have is the "New Boots" song that I don't really know the name of, but my friend always sings with her band.

28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you drive on through to the beach.

29. Why won’t people obey the crosswalk on campus.

30. If you spend a night at my house the cats will sleep on your head.

31. I’d stop my wedding for a death in the family or natural disaster.

32. The world could do without many, many things. Cell phones would be one. (Yes, that is completely hypocritical because I have one, but it's true.)

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than have a house infested with cockroaches.

34. My favorite blondie my friend from high school, who now runs marathons.

35. Paper clips are more useful than almost anything else.

36. If I do anything well it’s making cookies and rubbing the DH's feet.

37. I can’t help but fret over the dum-dums.

38. I usually cry at almost anything sappy. There are at least 3 scenes that make me cry in Love Actually. Oh...and when I really want a good cry, I just throw in The Hours. There is just something about Julianne Moore's character.

39. My advice to my nephew/niece is ... I don't have any, but I'd say...read.

40. And by the way, I'm very impatient for new BSG episodes.

blog comments powered by Disqus