14 April 2008

Ether

Now that I'm done with the exams, it is time to focus on the dissertation. Well, the dissertation prospectus, but to have one of those requires an idea for a dissertation.

The Cajun Princess lent me her copy of How to Write Your Dissertation in 15 Minutes a Day. Following its advice, I've been trying to free-write for at least 10 minutes everyday. The worked well for about three days, but then life got in the way. It was also only minimally helpful because I wasn't reading everyday. Reading helps me to think about my project in new ways. Especially at this point when I'm trying to decide on a text to work with. I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

What I need to be more concerned about is my paper for the conference in May. I haven't started, and I'm not feeling very inspired. I'm also working on a proposal for the CCCC conference next year. I'm not sure what I want to do. I don't have anything I can just adapt for the conference. Ideally, I should propose something that will work into my dissertation. I'm just not sure what that is yet.

Someone needs to hit me with the idea stick.
blog comments powered by Disqus